Count Words

Welcome to my blog! Thanx.
I'm glad to see your comment:)
, and please follow my blog ☆

Second semester : 15,123words
now 12.1.11.23
:57



2012/01/12

BR 2-17: The Story of Flying (Lesley, 2004)

"Some pilots roll their planes all the way over. Inside the cockpit, the pilot has a very strange view of the earth." (p.51)

I read "The story of Flying". This book has 2,100 words, this is a little long. The reason why I chose this book, some years ago I wanted to be a cabin attendant, but now I don't think so. However I like airport and planes. Since my childhood I often used to take a plane, and went to Singapore to Bali and like that. Every cabin attendant is so kind and they were my aspiration.
I'll introduce this book's outline. Once upon a time, people was seeing to the sky and flying birds. They thought that I want to fly like the birds! After that people developed many way to fly. One day people connected bicycle and wing, but it didn't work. Wilbur and Orville brothers succeeded first flying. But they repeated to fly and crash. Dec 17, 1903, it was Orville's turn. The plane took off and it flew. Soon, a lots of people were building planes again and again. Then in 1909, the world airshow was held in French. When the first Warld War breaking out, planes were not so longer new but it used as spy or equipment. Then hot air balloons appeared. I rode hot air balloon in Australia some years ago. It was so huge. I want to ride more bigger airship. Airship looks a little like a whale. I saw it in the Geburi animation "Majyo no takkyu-bin".  Then next helicopters appeared. Do you know "Contest of Bird man"? It is held in Biwako lake every year. Each college made a plane plane or helicopter and contends, who can fly longer. It is very interesting and I want to watch it on TV this year too. Many kinds of flying appeared and at last, human developed space shuttle. Human reached over sky. It is amazing. It is sure nobody people who was seeing to the sky and birds thought about space shuttle.

Reference
Sims, Lesley. (2004). The Story of Flying [Usborne First Reading: Level two]. London, England: Usborne Publishing Ltd.

[408 words]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿