Count Words

Welcome to my blog! Thanx.
I'm glad to see your comment:)
, and please follow my blog ☆

Second semester : 15,123words
now 12.1.11.23
:57



2012/01/12

Super market in Minnesota_report

During I was in Minnesota, I went to shopping some times. Then I found interesting points, so I’ll show it on this report. Especially I focus on supermarket.

First, I’ll tell about American supermarket’s merchandise. I saw many kinds of shops. In Minnesota, TARGET is the most popular supermarket; it has many kinds, for example TARGET, Super TARGET, Hyper TARGET and like that. Normal TARGET is just grocery shop but Super TARGET does not have only food but clothes and more items. It was so interesting. So depending of shop level, every shop has item’s variety changes.

Then American supermarkets have many kinds of merchandise, for example they have apple, but it is not one kinds. In American supermarket, there were some kinds of apples and I saw Fuji apple, it is Japanese kind. And other example, almost supermarkets have so many kinds of cereal. Including sugar cereal, non-sugar one, including dries fruit one, calorie off one and so on. I think its address people’s needs. Then every Minnesota’s supermarkets were very big, so they have many staffs.

Moreover American merchandises are big size, and I was so surprise. For example, American ice cream’s vessel is such a bucket! In America, making a bulk purchase is main current.

Second I found about stores and the location. America has many kinds of store. I found huge supermarket, for example Costco, Global supermarket which has worldwide grocery, and so cheap price or high-grade store. I expect America is supermarket’s motherland, so there are many kinds of supermarket, and America is composed with many races, so global supermarket is necessary.

I lived in Cottage Grove where is far from Minneapolis. It depends on whether a store locates in city or suburb. Type of suburb supermarkets has huge land and park, and almost it is one floor building, while type of city supermarket doesn’t have much park and small.

Third, I noticed about the difference of way of sell. In Japan, usually almost merchandise is packed in container made of Styrofoam or plastic sheet, but in U.S. selling by measure is main channel. Vegetable and fruit was put selling space without plastic sheet, so you can buy from so little amount to huge amount, if you want. You can choose the amount. I think it is very useful and lean.

I also noticed about shopping cart. American shopping cart is considerably bigger than Japanese one. It is huge, so children can get inside easily. Not only that, there were many kinds of shopping cart. For example huge shopping cart, smaller cart, child carts, in addition electric shopping cart! Mainly it is used by disabled people. Electric shopping cart has mortar and looks like motor bike, and the front has basket. Then user can move and choose by them. This type of shopping cart is not so rare.

In addition when we pay at a register, many shoppers pay by credit card. When sign up for the pay, many shops brought in electric sign panel. In the fact, when I pay over $50 I signed up by the panel at a TARGET. I think credit card is easy way for them.

I like shopping mall, but I think American shopping mall and Japanese one are not so different, but supermarket reflects people's daily life. So it is very interesting point. 


[611 words]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿