Count Words

Welcome to my blog! Thanx.
I'm glad to see your comment:)
, and please follow my blog ☆

Second semester : 15,123words
now 12.1.11.23
:57



2011/12/23

BR 2-12: The Ugly Duckling (Susan, 2006)

“The Ugly Duckling raised his wings. They beat the air more strongly than before. (p.41)”

I read “The Ugly Duckling”. In Japanese, it is called “Minikui-ahiru-no-ko”. I’ve known this story, so I chose this book. This book has 783 words. I thought English echoic word is interesting. For example, when egg is hatching, they use “tap!”, and when small duckling jumps into the pond, they use “splish!” or “sposh!” but when big duckling jumps into the pond, they use “splash!”.
Mother duck had 6 eggs, but one of that is not her egg and huge. First mother duck think the ugly duckling is turkey chick, but he can swim. So it is wrong. Nobody wanted him and he was thrown out of the farm. He was lonely and so sad. One day he saw that a flock of birds flew across the sky. This time he never would have guessed that he will be so.
I think this story tells about late bloomer. In Japanese proverb, it is called “Taiki-bansei”. If  you’ve never read this story, you should try soon, because this is good story.

Reference
Davidson, Susan. (2006). The Gingerbread Man [Usborne First Reading: Level Four]. London, England: Usborne Publishing Ltd.

[188 words]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿