Count Words

Welcome to my blog! Thanx.
I'm glad to see your comment:)
, and please follow my blog ☆

Second semester : 15,123words
now 12.1.11.23
:57



2011/12/14

Minnesota Speach Draft

Hello everyone!
During I was in Minnesota, I went to shopping some times with my host family and class activity. Then I found interesting points, so I’all show it on this presentation. Especially I focus on “supermarket”.
I focus these three big contents.

First, when I went to supermarket in U.S., I surprised at number of merchandise. Minnesota’s supermarkets which locates suburb were very big building. It is huge and high ceiling, so they have much space, height and staffs.

American supermarkets have many kinds of merchandise, for example apples, but it is not couple of  kinds. In American supermarket, I saw many kinds of apples and I saw Fuji apple, it is Japanese kind one. And almost supermarkets have so many kinds of  cheese, cereal and ice cream and so on. For example cereal, there are including sugar cereal, non-sugar one, including dried fruit one, calorie off one and so on. I think  many choices satisfy people’s needs. Some people like sweet cereal, some people like healthy cereal, some people like strange colored cereal. Look this picture! In this picture, I found 47 kinds of cereals!
Moreover some American merchandises are big size, and I was so surprise. For example, American ice cream’s vessel is such a bucket! American don’t go grocery store more often than Japanese. America has  bulk buying culture, so they buy many merchandises in a shopping. While Japanese think flashiness is more important. These gallon of milk express it notably.

And second, I noticed about stores and the location. America has many kinds of store. I found huge supermarket, for example Costco, Global supermarket which has worldwide grocery store, and very low price or high-grade store. I expected two reasons why America has many kinds of supermarket. First, America is composed with many races, so global supermarket is necessary, and second, America is supermarket’s birthplace.

In Minnesota, TARGET is the most popular supermarket; it has some kinds of shop, for example TARGET, Super TARGET, Hyper TARGET and like that. Normal TARGET is just grocery shop but Super TARGET does not have only food but clothes, furniture and more items. It was so interesting. So every shop’s item and the variety change depending of shop level.

Type of suburb supermarkets has huge land and park, and almost it is one floor building, while type of city supermarket doesn’t have much park and small.I lived in Cottage Grove where is far from Minneapolis, so I always went to suburb type supermarket. America is car society, so big park is necessary.

Third, I noticed about the difference of way of sell. In Japan, usually almost merchandise is packed in container made of Styrofoam or plastic sheet like this , but in U.S.,  selling by measure is main channel, so you can buy from so little amount to huge amount, if you want. You can choose the amount. I think it is very useful. Vegetable and fruit were put on selling space without plastic sheet, I think this is good for environment. This way avoids over packaging.

I also noticed about shopping cart. American shopping cart is considerably bigger than Japanese one. It is huge, so children can get inside easily. Not only that, there were many kinds of shopping carts. For example huge shopping cart, smaller cart, child carts, in addition electric shopping cart! Mainly electric cart  is used by disabled people or elderly people. Electric shopping cart has motor and looks like motor bike, and the front has basket. Then user can move and choose by them. This type of shopping cart is not so rare in U.S..
And I found this machine in some supermarket. This is price scanner, and on back of this machine has phone, it can call stuff.

[620 words]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿