Count Words

Welcome to my blog! Thanx.
I'm glad to see your comment:)
, and please follow my blog ☆

Second semester : 15,123words
now 12.1.11.23
:57



2011/06/08

BR 1-08: The Story of Toilets, Telephones and other useful inventions

The reason of that I chose this book is I want to read non-fiction contents. This book shows some useful invention's process of birth. There are many things what I didn't know.
First is the story of toilets. Early toilets were only a hole in the ground. Then ancient Roman had public toilets, but medieval towns were being built and everyone had forgotten the Roman public toilets. They had chamber pots instead, but it is not clean. So Kings and queens had to introduce toilet laws. Compared to this time, current toilets have many functions, for example sound eraser, washlet, toilet seat warmer, automatic washer and so on. This advance is very big, I am very surprised.
Second is about telephones. Do you know Alexander Graham Bell, don’t you? He is the telephone’s father. In this book, his childhood episode is introduced. One day his voice boomed out from his telephone trial product, namely he succeeded after several attempts. Today, a lot of people have own mobile phone. It is wireless and it can send pictures too.
In addition to this, this book introduces invention of frozen food, soccer nets and safety razor and so on. When I finished reading this book, I think today is very convenient world! We can drive, up to stars by elevator, and go to space too! Knowing around inventions’ history is very interesting.



(229 words)

Reference: Daynes, Katie. (2005) . The Story of Toilets, Telephones and other useful inventions. London: Usborne Young Reading

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿